D22620: Add function to suggest a unique filename

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jul 21 19:41:00 BST 2019

dfaure requested changes to this revision.
dfaure added inline comments.

> kfileutilstest.cpp:2
> +/* This file is part of the KDE libraries
> +    Copyright (c) 2019 Nicolas Fella <nicolas.fella at gmx.de>
> +

Liar :-)

I wrote the first version of this test method.

> kfileutils.cpp:2
> +/* This file is part of the KDE libraries
> +   Copyright (C) 2019 Nicolas Fella <nicolas.fella at gmx.de>
> +

ditto

> kfileutils.cpp:64
> +
> +    // TODO: network transparency. However, using NetAccess from a modal dialog
> +    // could be a problem, no? (given that it uses a modal widget itself....)

You can remove this TODO. By moving this code to KCoreAddons we are finally closing the lid on this TODO.
It just won't be done, it wouldn't be a good idea anyway (too slow, and would require an async API, and a KIO dependency). So if it's ever done, it'll be with a different implementation in KIO, while this one will remain the "simple and synchronous" way, sufficient for many apps.

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons