D14631: Adds a new RenameDialog to KIO with more options for batch renaming

Emirald Mateli noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jul 21 10:13:51 BST 2019

emateli added a comment.

  Before continuing work I'd like to hear some opinions on this.

  1. From @dfaure or other people at frameworks: How do we handle batch rejame jobs. Should I create a new patch to submit a basic batch move job that simply moves files around without any additional processing, that way it can also serve as a generic batch move job(I have written in previous comments more on this how I think it should look like). As I don't think going back to doing many single move jobs is the best of ideas. Also this patch is getting way too big and difficult to review.
  2. From everyone else (also pinging @ngraham) since we're doing this and the code sans the KIO batch stuff is almost done, are there any additional features we might want to take into consideration? E.g: File metadata?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO