D22528: KIO FTP: Fix file copy hanging when copying to existing file

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jul 19 13:18:43 BST 2019

dfaure added a comment.

  Please wait.

  This is a partial revert of my earlier commit to this file -- not exactly, but it feels like there is a bit of a mess regarding the question of whether error() was already emitted or not.
  I made the assumption that statusServerError meant error was already emitted (by earlier function calls) but it now seems this assumption was wrong.
  But then it feels like we're playing ping-pong with this code in a way that will never be satisfactory, if various error cases have or have not already emitted error() at this point.
  This needs further research and cleanups.

  Well, presumably we're better off with this patch in than out, so actually if you want to commit, I (or someone else...) can do the research either way.

  Does anyone know which methods are supposed to call error() and which methods are supposed to just set iError and let the caller do it? Right now it seems to be a bit of a mess...

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO