kdewebkit tarball gone missing?!

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Fri Jul 19 08:05:39 BST 2019

On Thursday, 18 July 2019 00:15:16 CEST René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > https://download.kde.org/stable/frameworks/5.60/portingAids/
>
> Ah, thanks, I must have missed the announcement of its promotion.
>
> So what kind of tier is kdesigner-plugin now - I still have it categorised
> as a tier3 but those are supposed to depend only on tier1, tier2 and tier3
> frameworks, no? ;)

Even independent of the dependency rules, webkit support in the designer
plugin is a good point to look at.

There's three options I see:
(1) remove webkit support from the designer plugin entirely
(2) move webkit support from the designer plugin to a separate plugin part of
the webkit repo
(3) ignore the problem given it's an optional dependency

I'd vote vote for (1) as we obviously don't want to promote usage of the
obsolete module, so not offering it in the designer palette anymore seems a
step in that direction (and wouldn't break existing code).

Opinions?

Regards,
Volker