D22531: [KColorSchemeManager] Optimize preview generation

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jul 18 14:16:47 BST 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added a reviewer: Frameworks.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Create them only on-demand (e.g. when the menu opens or the DecorationRole is queried)
  and also use KConfig::SimpleConfig as we're passing in an absolute file path anyway.

TEST PLAN
  On Kate startup KColorSchemeManager went from 12% cost to 2.6% and saves around 40ms Kate startup time for me.
  Previews are still generated properly when I enter the menu. A `QComboBox` using the model still gets its
  previews generated when it reads the `DecorationRole`

REPOSITORY
  R265 KConfigWidgets

BRANCH
  ondemandpreview