D20838: Allow to drop one file or one folder on KDirOperator

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 17 10:35:27 BST 2019

meven added a comment.

  In D20838#492751 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20838#492751>, @dfaure wrote:

  > Strange, I'm pretty sure I was able to reproduce it locally before I wrote my comment here. But now I can't anymore. OK, to be further investigated when either of us have time.

  I have an hypothesis concerning the issue, and why we have a hard time reproducing it ourselves.

  I had to add a wait in the test to make it predictable, which I am not proud of :

  line 490 in kfilewidgettest.cpp

    // once we drop a file the dirlister scans the dir
    // wait a bit to the dirlister time to finish
    QTest::qWait(100);

  So this may work well on fast systems like my owns with SSD but on CI with less resources this might not be long enough.
  Either we can extend a bit this wait and hope for the best or maybe if you see a way to actually get an IO signal when the dirlister is done.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO