D22362: Port keystates to use QtWayland's generator

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 10 17:00:39 BST 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  As some background:

  At a recent Plasma sprint, one comment was that adding protocols to KWayland was an absolute pain involving writing a tonne of boiler plate. My experience adding a protocol to Qt was relatively painless.

  We said we'd try on a really simple protocol.

  IMHO this looks encouraging.

  Obviously having a mix of styles isn't great, but something has to be first.

  ----

  One thing we need to resolve is

  QtWaylandServer::org_kde_kwin_keystate
   will call init which will call wl_global_create

  Global::Private will call wl_global_create

  Calling that twice is wrong.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland