D22083: introduce concept of header and footer for kpageview

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jul 5 16:39:40 BST 2019

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  In D22083#491299 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22083#491299>, @mart wrote:

  > code issues are fixed.
  >  Now for removing the further margin around the whole window:
  >  should that be done here or in breeze?
  >  if done here, it may make it look bad on all other widget styles?

  Good question. Either way is fine with me.
  You have more flexibility if you fix it in the widget than in the style (for instance if you change the margins of the layout in the style, this will propagate to sublayouts, and you might have a hard time to change the sublayouts back), but then you might need to test on the widget style name to not break other themes.
  When changing on the style side, you need a check on the widget type.
  Also, the best place to change on the style side is probably in ::pixelMetrics (PM_LayoutLeftMargin and the likes), rather than hacking contentsMargins directly in ::polish
  In either case this probably need some experimenting ...

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons