D15645: Add scheme selection menu with a "System" entry.

Amish Naidu noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 3 21:42:47 BST 2019

amhndu added a comment.

  Sorry about the delay, got caught up in things.

  So here's the situation: Currently, the menu's actions store the scheme path as the data and applications that currently use this menu (eg. KDevelop and Kate), just store this scheme path in their config. So if we were to add another action whose data is the system's theme, on triggering this action, the path to the then current scheme will be saved and if the system theme is changed again, the application will continue use the old theme, going out of sync with the system. Thus, there needs to be a way to distinguish the reset action with the other actions. Since it's impossible to this without breaking the applications that use it, I made this as an entirely new function.
  My (admittedly not a very good) solution to distinguish the actions were to store the //index// instead of of the scheme path. That way, you can use the index to get the name of the scheme and check if it matches the action's text.

  I've thought of creating a subclass of KActionMenu which has two signals - one for reset and one for setting a scheme and returning that, but that seems a little too complicated.

  Is there a simpler solution to this that I'm overlooking?

REPOSITORY
  R265 KConfigWidgets