D18450: Add extractor for AppImage files

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 27 22:40:24 GMT 2019

kossebau added a comment.

  In D18450#400865 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18450#400865>, @astippich wrote:

  > I am having troubles getting it to build (Kubuntu 18.10). Unfortunately, I could not find pre-build packages for libappimage. I have overcome two small issues in building libappimage, but now I can't get it to work in KFileMetaData because cmake complains that LIBAPPIMAGE_BINARIES is not set. Is that me doing something stupid? Anyway, I cannot test

  "LIBAPPIMAGE_BINARIES"? I am not aware of that variable in this patch or libappimage. @astippich  what have been your issues exactly you need to overcome, and how did you overcome them?

  BTW, if the build system is broken here with the self-built version you tried with, it is also broken in kio-extras, where libappimage is used to extract the icon by the appimage thumbnailer plugin, where the same logic is used.
  @broulik As author of the appimage thumbnailer, any hints from your side (or testing :) )?

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData