D18125: KateStatusBar: Add dictionary button

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 20 13:01:54 GMT 2019

cullmann requested changes to this revision.
cullmann added a comment.

  I played with this patch now ;)

  First: to now have KWrite crash on start, one need to modify one line to:

  if (!m_dictionaryGroup->checkedAction() || (m_dictionaryGroup->checkedAction()->data().toString() != newDict) || m_dictionary->text().isEmpty()) {

  m_dictionaryGroup->checkedAction() might be null.

  For the naming: Given we show the encodings with their short-names, too, I can live with de_DE or stuff like that.

  For the overhead: I would like to have this optional and disabled per default, that avoids all that work in cursorPositionChanged()
  Just like we do for word count/...