D18380: KIO: make file dialog columns resizable again (and movable)

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 19 22:12:32 GMT 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   If there's still enough room to show everything without a horizontal scrollbar, then we're still good.

  No, resizing a view so that it becomes taller than wide shouldn't make it behave as if it's become very narrow all of a sudden. Similarly, a very narrow view isn't always taller than it's high (you could have a very small file side-bar in a dolphin window, for instance).

  I've uploaded a new version which has what I think is probably the best and easiest option.

  >   It is a very significant real-life issue for vertical sidebars

  Yes, of course, I didn't realise those use the same widget.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO