D11236: [KCrash] Establish socket to allow change of ptracer

Christoph Roick noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 16 12:04:11 GMT 2019

croick marked 10 inline comments as done.
croick added a comment.

  > please explicitly mark all handled issues as done - you'll notice on the way that you didn't address some of them.

  Sorry, you were just responding too quickly.

  > you adjusted the summary kinda the wrong way around ... but come to think of it, i was actually kinda wrong - you indeed need to list all three cases to illustrate that neither applies. the ancestry case is special only in the sense that it automatically makes the "internal" debugger work (i'd mention that in parentheses of that case's bullet point).

  Actually the point I removed does not seem to be true any longer. I'm almost certain, that the `prctrl(PR_SET_PTRACER, ...)` was not required until some time ago when starting DrKonqi as a fork. But now the internal backtrace is not working without. I cannot tell, when that started (currently using kernel 4.20).

INLINE COMMENTS

> ossi wrote in kcrash.cpp:674
> please consistently put a space after the // marker. also, stick to the file's capitalization style.

That comment was just copied from the old code.

> ossi wrote in kcrash.cpp:686
> hmm, what about the last sentence? it seems to me that some adjustment (possibly just additional comments) is required.

see line 656

REPOSITORY
  R285 KCrash