D18038: Fix semantics for ghns_exclude

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 11 08:42:22 GMT 2019

leinir added a comment.

  In D18038#390748 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18038#390748>, @ngraham wrote:

  > What is the test tool? Can you help a total n00b like me learn how to test KNewStuff patches like these?

  The test tool is khotnewstuff_test in tests/. It's not installed, but once compiled it's in (build)/bin/khotnewstuff_test and can be run from there once the libraries are installed. For the most useful output, be sure to turn on all of the KNewStuff debug output, and then pass it a knsrc file. For example, what i use is

    QT_LOGGING_RULES="org.kde.knewstuff.*=true" ./bin/khotnewstuff_test /etc/xdg/peruse.knsrc

  You then get a nice little UI which lets you run a couple of tests (engine test initialises the engine and lists the first page of content in the requested categories using the default sort order, and if you turn on the option underneath that, it will also attempt to download them). If you don't give it a knsrc file, it'll just use the static data found in tests/testdata.

  As you can tell, it's a super simple tool, and could of course be improved :) Haven't really had the need to do so, since the more advanced features seem better tested on live installs, and this one is more for testing out the very most basic functionality (which is just sort of expected to work in proper applications).

  > Also, the correct formatting is `CCBUG: 402888`. See https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Phabricator#Formatting_your_patch

  Ah yes, quite, i've only been using those hooks for about a decade ;) You'd imagine i would be able to remember them at some point. Not that the bug hooks work for me, mind, but still :P

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff