D18043: [kcmutils] Add ellipsis to search labels in KPluginSelector

Root noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 7 21:31:56 GMT 2019

rooty added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> pino wrote in kpluginselector.cpp:261
> a) explicit is better than implicit
> b) "shorter" makes sense only when thinking for English, not for other languages

a) not always - there's very little nuance here, and there's nothing to be gained by adding the word plugins (except for reinforcing that the word is a verb and that it's transitive), that's why we don't use "Type to"... besides, if we did make it explicit, we'd have to use "Search applications, places, actions etc." in kicker, "Search clipboard contents" in clipboard etc.

b) "search" is a simpler and far less restrictive idea than "search plugins" in whatever language we're talking about or in, it's a single idea that doesn't call for a direct object and doubles as a noun (検索, Suche, Busca etc.)

REPOSITORY
  R295 KCMUtils