D18601: Rewrite taglib writer to use property interface

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 28 22:53:44 GMT 2019

bruns added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> astippich wrote in taglibwriter.cpp:70
> That will then require to load and write the property map twice when properties only specific to some tagging formats need to be written, see e.g. Ape and Vorbis tags in D18604 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18604>. I would like to avoid this.

So **iff** the rating is updated at the same time as another property, taglib has to adjust some in-memory structure twice. Obviously, for most formats this poses no problem, but for Ape/Vorbis it does?

Also, this no longer applies when you use the specific tag types for Ape/Ogg.

Writing to disk only happens when calling `file->save()`...

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData