D19324: Add code-oss icon

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 26 10:27:37 GMT 2019

ndavis added a comment.

  Much better. Now for some questions and suggestions.

  Why does the icon use green on the top of the logo? The light theme version doesn't look bad, but isn't the official logo all blue? In general, we try to preserve the original branding.

  Why is the dark theme version greener than the light theme? Normally we try to make color icons the same for light and dark themes.

  It would be good to turn those shadows into gradients with `00000000` as the color for the bottom right of the shadow. The darker shadow should expand to cover the whole area to the bottom left of the right side of the logo. Here's what I mean:
  F6637009: Screenshot_20190226_052530.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6637009>
  F6637011: Screenshot_20190226_052559.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6637011>

  The parts of the logo in this icon are layered differently from the official logo: https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/49339/32078472-5053adea-baa7-11e7-9034-519002f12ac7.png

  The right edge of the right side of the logo is a bit too dark relative to the inner edge.

  If you're having trouble finding the right blues to make the logo look 3D, try using the shadows to separate the layers like I did in the screenshots above.

  I'll have more to say later.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons