D16579: Remove support for non-standard APE tag field names

Alexander Stippich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Feb 23 15:26:26 GMT 2019

astippich added a comment.

  In D16579#416446 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16579#416446>, @smithjd wrote:

  > I realise that with all the fields referenced here having at least one standard fieldname parsed now that complaining may seem to be flogging a dead horse, but I'd like to re-iterate that identically-purposed fields should not be encouraged. This is at best a specialized re-purposing that really shouldn't be. Maintaining a branch / fork for this is probably appropriate.
  >
  > Lastly, I'd also like to point out the TagLib documentation, that specifically mentions a conversion from 'Album Artist' in 'AlbumArtist' for compatibility with other tags: https://taglib.org/api/classTagLib_1_1APE_1_1Tag.html#af77a10659fbb0018228420ad6de501e1. 'Disc' is also converted from APE, but you have to dig into the code to find this: https://github.com/taglib/taglib/blob/master/taglib/ape/apetag.cpp#L211

  I just double-checked, TagLib allows both. It converts the "Disc" field to the "Disc Number" in the property map, but also successfully reads from "Disc Number" field directly.
  Anyway, most of this special handling of mimetypes goes away with D18826 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18826>, where TagLib will do the conversion automatically.

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData