D19170: Fix crash while moving files

David Hallas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 22 09:39:17 GMT 2019

hallas added a comment.

  In D19170#417235 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19170#417235>, @dfaure wrote:

  > Great analysis, thanks! Now this makes a lot more sense ;-)
  >
  > The thing that I don't get, is why the subjob would emit anything after result(). I.e. step 7 is not supposed to happen, at all.
  >  cfeck: I think you're referring to warning(), which does pop up a messagebox, but here it's about result() not warning().
  >
  > Do we really have the *same* job emitting result twice, here?
  >  That would be illegal...

  Yes it certainly appears like it is the same FileCopyJob emitting multiple times. I can try and dig a bit further to see if I can find the exact spot. But I still think it would be a good idea to handle this case in CopyJob so that we don't crash. Also because the crash has been seen with different protocols, smb, ntfs etc. so I don't know if there are multiple places that violate this single emitting rule?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO