D19109: [Extractor] Add metadata to extractors

Alexander Stippich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 18 18:59:16 GMT 2019

astippich added a comment.

  A few general remarks:

  - I really do not like that there are two lists of supported mimetypes now which have to be kept in sync
  - Do we really need versioning per mimetype? IMHO it is sufficient to have a version number per extractor. From my experience, fixing an extractor usually impacts all its supported mimetypes, and rarily affects only one mimetype. Also, this makes the list hard to maintain, also regarding file types which have multiple mime types, e.g. audio/wav and audio/x-wav
  - Do we need an x.y version? I think a single integer is enough or what do you have in mind?
  - I prefer to directly construct the qvariantmap in the extractors, and re-use the mimetype list which is already available.

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData