D19080: [WIP] Make file overwrite a bit safer

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 17 15:45:35 GMT 2019

dfaure added a comment.

  Ah I see, we copy to .part only when the destination actually exists. I had missed that in my earlier comment. Makes sense, actually.

INLINE COMMENTS

> file_unix.cpp:289
> +                        ::unlink(_dest_backup.data());
> +                        orig_delete_attempted = true;
> +                        continue;

I think the naming of that bool could be improved (orig sounds like origin sounds like source, but this is about the dest).

How about

  existing_dest_delete_attempted

?

> file_unix.cpp:322
> +                    if (!_dest_backup.isEmpty() && !orig_delete_attempted) {
> +                        ::unlink(_dest_backup.data());
> +                        orig_delete_attempted = true;

.constData()  [everywhere you used .data()]

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO