D18986: [breeze-icons] Add video camera icons

Krešimir Čohar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 14 09:34:30 GMT 2019

rooty added a comment.

  In D18986#411807 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18986#411807>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I like the head-on camcorder style, but there's the risk that it's less recognizable than the "classic" style of video recorder icon that's used pretty much everywhere. If we go with the head-on style, it needs to be //perfect//.
  >
  > Oh and I agree with @ndavis: let's not put the Plasma logo all over the place in new icons. This thing has nothing to do with Plasma; it's inappropriate branding.

  What do you mean by perfect though?
  Inappropriate? I don't know about that. Also, I really like the logo.
  Be it head on or side view, there's probably going to be some sort of display, and the logo seems preferable to inserting a generic landscape (boring).
  I'd consider putting an image of a film reel on the display though (instead of on top of the camera haha).

  In D18986#411825 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18986#411825>, @trickyricky26 wrote:

  > In D18986#411807 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18986#411807>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > I like the head-on camcorder style, but there's the risk that it's less recognizable than the "classic" style of video recorder icon that's used pretty much everywhere. If we go with the head-on style, it needs to be //perfect//.
  >

  > To add to this, this type of camcorder was a design trend that pretty much stopped a few years ago as smartphone cameras got better. This means this style will probably become less recognizable in the future. Also it looks completely different than your 16px and 22px icons.
  >
  > I would suggest adding a handle with the integrated microphone to the "classic" video camera design.

  While it is true that it'll become less recognizable, it's really hard to look at a camcorder head on and not see a camera lens.
  It's different from my 16 px and 22 px icons, but that's hardly a problem, I can always change those to accommodate the 64 px version.
  But I have the feeling you want me to do the opposite - F6614356: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6614356>

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons