D26116: Reduce timeout when trying to connect to an app dbus interface

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Dec 20 07:51:36 GMT 2019

meven created this revision.
meven added reviewers: Frameworks, davidedmundson.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
meven requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Currently we have a 5 minutes timeout duration.
  I would say any application that does not respond in 5 seconds is buggy, or at least in a bad state.

  This timeout can hide bugs because this code will block the current thread.
  The user won't have any feedback before the timeout expires.

  Encountered this issue while testing krunner.

REPOSITORY
  R271 KDBusAddons

BRANCH
  master