D25720: Fix shortcut conflict between Cut and Delete File

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 8 18:03:07 GMT 2019

elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  In D25720#572291 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25720#572291>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Though Dolphin seems to have some kind of local hack to make Shift+delete work for file deletion. But it doesn't work for Cut. It's all pretty messy.

  Yes it's messy but it's Microsoft fault since they chose to use an already used shortcut for another thing and we are doomed.

  Some years ago I submitted the very same patch and it eventually led to 8eabbf6725386e716b7536c71a9181dfe5d959f0 <https://phabricator.kde.org/R263:8eabbf6725386e716b7536c71a9181dfe5d959f0> in kxmlgui, which automatically handles the conflict for those few apps that need both actions (dolphin, gwenview, etc.)

  (Too bad reviewboard was shutdown, I had to dig in my mail to find it :/)

  So imho #414799 should be closed as intentional.

REPOSITORY
  R237 KConfig