D25698: New class KApplicationTrader, to replace KMimeTypeTrader and KServiceTypeTrader

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 7 21:10:03 GMT 2019

dfaure added a comment.

  Assuming we install all parts under plugins/parts instead of just plugins/ like we currently do, the application should be able to do

  `KPluginTrader::createInstanceFromQuery<KParts::ReadOnlyPart>("parts", "KParts/ReadOnlyPart", "'application/pdf' in MimeTypes", parent, parentWidget)`

  This makes me realize however that mimetype inheritance would probably not be supported when doing it this way.
  We probably want to add a queryByMimeType to KPluginTrader as well, and a createInstanceFromQuery that takes a mimetype name, like KMimeTypeTrader has (maybe with another name though, too many overloads otherwise).

  Would this work for you?

REPOSITORY
  R309 KService