D25767: KAutoSaveFile: add a unit test to check max. filename length

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Dec 6 08:13:39 GMT 2019

dhaumann added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in kautosavefiletest.cpp:98
> Let's hope none of the supported OSes have a smaller PATH_MAX :)
> FreeBSD, Windows, macOS, who knows what limits they have.

What I wonder is: PATH_MAX etc are #defines, right? Since on Windows there is a registry flag to enable much longer paths/file names. My intention is not to block this series of patches, but we might end up with restrictions in our code that do not exist on the filesystem at hand.

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons

BRANCH
  l-kautosave-unittest (branched from master)