D23344: assert slave command finality

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 24 11:57:43 BST 2019

dfaure added a comment.

  I see those warnings often, so I'm a bit worried that this will make kioslaves quite crashy for KDE developers for a while, including those unable to fix those issues.

  At least we need to fix known issues first, like kio_ftp.

  How about we both (and ZaWertun) run with this for a while (and fix things) before merging it upstream?

  Note that we could also just export QT_FATAL_WARNINGS=1 before kdeinit5 :-)

INLINE COMMENTS

> slavebase.cpp:202
> +        // Force the command into finished state. We'll not reach this for Debug builds
> +        // that fail the assertion. For Releas builds we'll have made sure that the
> +        // command is actually finished after the verfication regardless of what

typo: Release

> slavebase.cpp:203
> +        // that fail the assertion. For Releas builds we'll have made sure that the
> +        // command is actually finished after the verfication regardless of what
> +        // the slave did.

typo: verification

> slavebase.cpp:480
> +               Q_FUNC_INFO,
> +               qUtf8Printable(QStringLiteral("error() was called, but it's not supposed to! Please fix the %2 KIO slave")
> +                              .arg(QCoreApplication::applicationName())));

should be %1, not %2

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO