D17245: Add string formatting function to property info

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 30 14:59:41 GMT 2018

bruns added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> astippich wrote in formatstrings.cpp:83
> CCW, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/uwp/api/windows.storage.fileproperties.photoorientation.

Of course I can look this up. But this information is not available when the user looks at the string.

Probably we should ask what is the target audience here? The average user only wants the image to be displayed correctly, i.e. apply the transform and be done with it. This IMHO also implies never showing this value by default.

For power users, it may be better to also show the numerical value, so they can look up whats meant.

Otherwise, it is not only necessary to mention CW or CCW, but also if this is the transform which has been applied to the image, or the inverse transform required to show the image correctly.

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData