D17013: Show menu bar, how to re-enable, common shortcut dialog

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 26 14:41:43 GMT 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  Looking better now. Do we really want to only optionally show the warning with a bool argument? In general bool arguments to functions are discouraged because they're not very readable. And if the whole point of this function is to always show a consistent message, don't we want it to always be shown when an app uses this function?

INLINE COMMENTS

> aacid wrote in ktoggleshowmenubaraction.cpp:77
> No strong opinion really, anyone else has an idea?

I would recommend telling the user how they can add one. Since a shortcut is set by default, only advanced users who change this would trigger that boundary condition anyway, and they'd read the warning and understand what's going on.

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons