firewall-applet icons break breeze auto tests

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Mon Nov 19 11:53:28 GMT 2018

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 6:33 PM Noah Davis <noahadvs at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My *guess* is that whoever decided 16, 22 and 32 are "fixed" even if they
> > are SVG while 48 is not, is that sometimes in the 16, 22, 32 sizes you have
> > to "sacrifice" some details because since you know it'll be shown in small
> > sizes it looks better creating a "different" version of the actual icon,
> > but at 48 they decided "this is going to be good enough so that it'll have
> > all the details that if you scale it up it'll look good".

^ This is absolutely correct.
What's more in breeze specifically there is a huge visual difference.
Small icons are generally not only less detailed but also monochrome.

> I see now, I didn't know about that feature. I guess I just need to symlink
> firewall-config.svg to firewall-applet.svg and the test will pass.

I am CCing Andreas Kainz on this as he may have input on where the
firewall-* icons should go.
>From a quick look though I am convinced the majority/all of these
icons should be in status/ not apps/. They are used in the system tray
from what I understand, not actual application icons. apps/ is
basically only for icons that would show up in the applications menu.

(the scalable test that is failing also does not apply to status/, so
by moving the icons to the correct directory you'd fix the test)

HS