D16905: Add a generic sorting options icon

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 15 21:42:58 GMT 2018

ndavis added a comment.

  In D16905#360075 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16905#360075>, @trickyricky26 wrote:

  > So should I include the renaming of the existing icons and adding of the ascending and descending versions of these new ones in this revision? That way applications that use `view-sort-ascending` for alphabetical order will have it replaced, but I guess that's okay since in that case the applications weren't using the icon properly in the first place.

  I don't see it hurting anything. I'd guess some apps are using it correctly and some aren't, but your new icons will still have a useful meaning that matches the situation.

  > The old `view-sort-ascending` and `descending` icons are also available in 24px and 32px. If I rename those as well for consistency, will I need to add the new ones as `view-sort-ascending` and `descending`? Otherwise applications using `view-sort-ascending` will not be able to display a fitting icon.

  Yes, I would say you should also match sizes for the already existing icons. 24px is the same as 22px, but with slightly wider margins.

  > Also should I change the fallback colors of the old SVG's to Shade Black as per the upcoming HIG change?

  I suppose so. It's hard to say because doing piecemeal changes to improve consistency also leads to more temporary inconsistency, but we have plenty of time before KF5.53.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons