D16905: Add a generic sorting options icon

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 15 20:37:31 GMT 2018

ndavis added a comment.

  In D16905#360055 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16905#360055>, @trickyricky26 wrote:

  > I have adjusted the arrows to fit the `view-sort-ascending` style:
  >
  > F6425856: sorting-icon-22-alt.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6425856> 22px
  >  F6425879: sorting-icon-16-alt.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6425879> 16px

  Very nice! I like these a lot.

  > However, I also noticed these can easily be changed to show ascending / descending order:
  >  F6425874: sorting-icon-22-alt-ascending.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6425874> 22px
  >  F6425883: sorting-icon-16-alt-ascending.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6425883> 16px
  >
  > Maybe the new ascending and descending icons could replace the existing `view-sort-ascending` and `view-sort-descending`, while the sorting icons with alphabetic characters would be renamed to `view-sort-name-ascending` and `view-sort-name-descending`, as they represent sorting by name rather than generic sorting.

  `view-sort-ascending-name` and `view-sort-descending-name` would be better for the name specific stuff. This way if our software is using `view-sort-ascending-name` and a user switches their theme to something that doesn't have `view-sort-ascending-name`, they will get `view-sort-ascending` instead.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons