R134:7f6caf385809: Better error handling in KNewStuff backend

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 13 13:24:56 GMT 2018

leinir added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
leinir added a comment.

  Through pushing this patch, i have discovered there is no easily discoverable documentation regarding when Frameworks are updated for unstable builds. According to https://build.kde.org/job/Plasma/job/discover/job/kf5-qt5%20SUSEQt5.11/68/console KF 5.53 is found, but the version being found does not include the patch pushed to KNewStuff yesterday (D16665 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16665>). I did think there was some reasonable timing for updating Frameworks for other CI builds, and so left it overnight. However, this turns out not to be long enough. Am i simply unable to find this documentation (and wrong in thinking that https://community.kde.org/Policies would be the right place), or is such documentation simply not available? It would be terribly handy to know. I did ask on #kde-devel on freenode, but nobody there seemed to know either.

  Thank you in advance, and i hope that this is simply me being blind or uninformed, and that documentation exists... otherwise i guess we have an opportunity to improve our documentation ;)

  p.s.: i realise the required version of knewstuff should be increased in the root cmakelists.txt, but this would still only be 5.53 and consequently still fail.

BRANCHES
  master

USERS
  leinir (Author)