D8912: Added a set of Game Folder icons

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 9 14:25:11 GMT 2018

ndavis added a comment.

  In D8912#356590 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D8912#356590>, @andreyorst wrote:

  > > @andreyorst, if you're still around, we can review this patch and land it once necessary changes are made.
  >
  > Yeah, I'm here! I'd like to make desired changes myself.
  >
  > > Nice job on the 64 px icons! However, I noticed that the 16 and 22 px icons use a different style and are blurry. Perhaps you should try making the styles more similar to the 64 px style and see if you can move, resize or remove any details that don't line up with pixels.
  >
  > So the reason behind this was, that with outline style for 16 and 22 px icons all elements like buttons were too small and looked really bad. I've tried lot of variants and decided to go for filled icon in the same way how it is done for `network-server` icon, which is using (sort of) outline for 64 px and solid for 22 px. However (the ticket is quite old) I've changed this somewhere during this year, and currently in my system all icons are using filled icons, since I feel that this fits more with original style of `applications-games` icon (and most of game controllers are black too). I'll submit updated patch this evening.

  Fair enough. I'll be waiting.

  >> I noticed that the 16 and 22 px icons use a different style and are blurry
  >
  > What screen resolution do you have? Rightnow it looks fine on my system with 1920x1080 screen. I'll check it at work with 2k screen and scaling turned off.

  I also have 1920x1080 screen, but it shouldn't matter as long as we're both at 1x scaling. You don't see how blurry it is compared to the other icons in your screenshot?
  F6403322: Screenshot_20181109_091658.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6403322>

  Let me show you the issue up close. You see how it doesn't line up well with the grid? 1 grid square = 1 pixel.
  F6403326: Screenshot_20181109_092307.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6403326>

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons