D16579: Musepack disk number field name is DISC.

Alexander Stippich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 1 15:19:39 GMT 2018

astippich added a comment.

  In D16579#352147 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16579#352147>, @smithjd wrote:

  > In D16579#351910 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16579#351910>, @astippich wrote:
  >
  > > The ape tag tests fail with this patch, but the test is actually wrong in that regard. It tests for an empty disc number, which I haven't noticed before.
  > >  I've found references to both DISCNUMBER and DISC, so the safest way is probably to check both.
  > >  So please query both tags like it is already done for the album artist and adjust the taglibextractortest.
  >

  > DISCNUMBER doesn't seem to be a valid (or widely used) field for APEv2.
  >
  > More (Picard) information: https://picard.musicbrainz.org/docs/mappings
  >
  > Also it appears Picard, Puddletag and ffmpeg use 'Album Artist', not 'ALBUMARTIST'. And the link I provided (https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Tag_Mapping) also lists 'Album Artist' not 'ALBUMARTIST'. The unit test file has an 'ALBUMARTIST' field that should be changed to 'Album Artist'.

  Yes, maybe it's not widely used, but it is used. Kodi for example supports both reading from DISCNUMBER and DISC. If you use kid3 to edit the metadata of ape tags, the standard behavior is to actually to write to DISCNUMBER (and similar to ALBUMARTIST).
  One thing I've learned when I digged into metadata of audio files is that there is no standard, and KFileMetaData should handle as much cases as possible. Since it is easy to query both, please add it.

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData