KUserFeedback UUID question

Aleksey Kontsevich tantrido at ya.ru
Mon Mar 12 13:47:51 UTC 2018

12.03.2018, 15:18, "Volker Krause" <vkrause at kde.org>:
> On Monday, 12 March 2018 13:00:31 CET Aleksey Kontsevich wrote:
>>  12.03.2018, 11:25, "Volker Krause" <vkrause at kde.org>:
>>  > I'm fine with changing things, I'm just still trying to understand the
>>  > requirements correctly :)
>>
>>  Main idea and requirements: we need more generic and extendable approach, in
>>  particular:
>>  - network communication
>>  - local statistics log
>>  - settings
>>  - UI: audit log model with already submitted and current raw statistics
>>  within.
>
> That states a possible solution, but not the reasons for needing that
> solution. It's hard to design a framework without understanding the reasons :)
>
> Network communication: I understand you have a different REST API to submit
> data too, please see my earlier questions on this topic, as well as my
> question about authentication.

Good to have some abstract class which sends data - remove this functionality from Provider. In this case we can add our needs to derived class here. If my explanation is not enough, probably Tino can explain more here.

> Local statistics log: Is that about moving the audit log to a database?

Possible settings refactoring in future: too many *ini, *conf files. Could be replaced by single SQLite DB. That's it!

No, there is SettingsDatabase class as well: https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qtcreator-extending/core-settingsdatabase.html

> UI: adding additional building blocks surely is possible, we just need to keep
> supporting the existing use-cases too.

Thanks!

--
Best regards,