D17650: Install kioslave as kioslave5 on Windows

Luca Beltrame noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Dec 21 08:37:13 GMT 2018

lbeltrame added a comment.

  In D17650#380243 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17650#380243>, @habacker wrote:

  >   $ rpm -q -f /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/bin/kioslave.exe
  >   mingw32-kdelibs4-4.14.60-30.27.noarch
  >   $ rpm -q -f /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/bin/kioslave.exe
  >   mingw32-kio-5.47.0-11.28.noarch

  For the record, those packages aren't shipped officially by the distribution you are using.

  >> seeing that it's not possible to upstream patches (and there are quite a few needed to keep it building) as the git repo is locked down.
  >
  > It needs someone to take over maintenance of kdelibs.

  No. You need to get over the fact that kdelibs4 development is *done* and deal, period. Qt4 is EOL, kdelibs4 is EOL. It is time to move on.

  > In recent years, of the 104 KDE4 applications for Windows (https://community.kde.org/Windows/Releases/4.10.2), only 7 are available for KF5 (https://community.kde.org/Windows, minus the stable versions of Umbrello and KMymoney that are still on KDE4).  KDE4 will probably stay as a base for a while.

  Why not joining the effort of the people that are working to get those applications on Windows, rather than relying on unmaintained software? By distributing Qt 4.x based software we are exposing users to risks, given it is completely unmaintained.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO