D17310: Improve Kile icon with LaTeX font

TrickyRicky noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 16 11:11:12 GMT 2018

trickyricky26 added a comment.

  In D17310#377145 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17310#377145>, @loh.tar wrote:

  > For me is these root sign nondescript. When the orig old blue symbol is not desired, how about to freshen it up? How? I don't know.
  >  Perhaps Black & White just as all your other offers on these rectangular sheet of paper?

  This icon is supposed to fit that style.
  However, instead of black lines on a white background which looks more like simple text editing, this uses a mathematical formula which is one thing LaTeX handles wonderfully and is often used for.
  The pen shows this is an application for editing/generating such files.
  I can't think of a better symbol for LaTeX other than it's "Logo" which is just the Text LaTeX.

  > Furthermore exist these splash-screen. So maybe in yellow on these fuzzy gray paper?
  >  F6477111: kile_splash.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6477111>

  This would not work at a small size and imo isn't very visually appealing.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons

BRANCH
  improve-kile-icon (branched from master)