D10446: Add KLanguageName

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 15 15:59:27 GMT 2018

sitter added a comment.

  In D10446#377355 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10446#377355>, @aacid wrote:

  > But you end up repeating that in lots of places (which we should there's lots of places that suffer from trying to guess a language name at this point, and all of them went the bad way one way or another). If you want to give some random potential user more flexibility i'm fine with that, add some flags, but i want the "give me the best you can do" possibility to still work. Maybe we should even never return an empty string and worst case scenario return code back.

  I am not too invested in the use case. For all I care we can leave it as it is and should the no-fallback usecase actually get requested we can simply add a three-argument variant of the function without default value for KF5 and reshuffle the functions for KF6.

  The diff as it is right now is good IMO

REPOSITORY
  R265 KConfigWidgets