D17500: Restore mobipocket extractor

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 13 18:00:52 GMT 2018

bruns added a comment.

  In D17500#376324 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17500#376324>, @mgallien wrote:

  > In D17500#376221 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17500#376221>, @aacid wrote:
  >
  > > Do I understand that the answer to my "Is it possible to move the extractor to kdegraphics-mobipocket instead of having it in kfilemetadata? " question is no?
  >

  > There is support for external extractors in KFileMetaData. As far as I know, it has not yeet been used.
  >  That is probably the safest way to do what you suggest.

  KFM supports two kinds of extractors, one QPlugin based, and one using external processes.

  The first one uses the interface defined **and exported** in kfilemetadata/extractor.h. Although it is AFAIK currently only used by by the extractors bundled in KFM, it can be used by any other Framework or Application.

  The second one uses Json over pipes to communicate with a forked process. The only available documentation is the sourcecode, i.e. `externalextractor.cpp`. It has more overhead (serializing/deserializing json data), but can be used where incompatible licenses would forbid linking with KFM.

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData