D5175: Fix 'Installed name of kio_http_cache_cleaner conflicts with related KDE4 installation'.

Ben Cooksley noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 21 08:28:42 UTC 2017

bcooksley added a comment.

  In regards to needing to inspect the build directory (which is something we rarely get asked for) the system automatically tarballs a copy of the entire workspace (which includes the source code and build directory) whenever a build fails or has failing tests. These tarballs can be found at https://build-artifacts.kde.org/production/Workspaces/ (filenames match the job name on Jenkins itself). "Hidden build issues" aren't something we've really come across when standing up the native Windows CI system.

  Most dependencies are provided by Craft (with Git and Python being the notable exceptions there). The "list file" which controls what Craft packages we install can be found at https://cgit.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-tooling.git/tree/craftmaster/packages.list. We rely on the publicly accessible Craft cache packages, so anyone can replicate the CI setup on their system relatively easily. The Binary Factory also uses the same Craft Cache for it's binaries (and the Binary Factory generates usable binaries for many KDE applications already) and the Binary Factory is also responsible for populating that Craft Cache.

  For various reasons it's totally inpractical for us to provide remote shell access to the CI infrastructure. In the case of Linux builds you can download the Docker images and run them locally. For FreeBSD and Windows you'll have to rely on the tarballs.

  Also note that we won't be signing any binaries which are not generated by the Binary Factory.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO