Using KWallet from non-KDE apps (G.Chrome...)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 09:37:07 UTC 2017

Hi,

Is it still possible to query a KWallet for the existence of specific credentials without having to unlock it first?

The reason I'm asking (not entirely on-topic here, apologies) is that Google Chrome has been putting up wallet unlock dialogs for a long time now, apparently as soon as it detects a login/authentification mechanism on a page that just got (re)loaded. I've filed a bug report about that (a long time ago), but it never got picked up or even closed as invalid.

Thanks,
R.