D9219: WIP: Extend Scripting API

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 6 08:13:36 UTC 2017

dhaumann created this revision.
dhaumann added reviewers: cullmann, mwolff.
Restricted Application added projects: Kate, Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Frameworks.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This patch extends the KTextEditor scripting API by:

  - String editor.clipboardText()
  - StringList editor.clipboardHistory()
  - void editor.setClipboardText(String text)

  What's new here is that we introduced a new keyword 'editor'
  similar to 'view' and 'document'. We can extend this editor
  object with general purpose functions that are related to
  the editor.

  For now, this review request is mostly to raise a discussion
  about whether we really want to go this way, or whether there
  is a better way of adding this.

TEST PLAN
  make test, and playing around with this in
  .js functions. Seems to work as expected.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor

BRANCH
  Scripting (branched from master)