D5439: API dox: more info about KAboutData's orgDomain/desktopFileName properties

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 21 15:43:40 UTC 2017

kossebau added a comment.

  Ping. Is there anything wrong that would need to be improved in the current patch, or can this go in as is?

  Adding an official note to the constructor to not create a KAboutData instance before the QApp instance is done should be a separate patch, perhaps even also get a runtime warning.
  This patch here is about orgDomain & desktopFileName, let's do one thing after the other.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in kaboutdata.h:314
> The TODO in the porting script means : after running this script, perform this change by hand. This isn't unfinished code, it's just a reminder for the reader.
>
> The rules given to us by the Qt developers are simple: do not use any parts of Qt that depend on locales before QCoreApplication is created.
>
> So, do not create KAboutData before QCoreApplication is created. This isn't KDE4 anymore.

> The rules given to us by the Qt developers are simple: do not use any parts of Qt that depend on locales before QCoreApplication is created.

Do you by any chance have an URL to some quotable text for that statement handy? Looks better to point to something official here, which I sadly have not yet come across in the Qt docs so far (the code seen though would motivate such a rule).

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons