icon frameworks

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Thu Nov 5 09:07:14 UTC 2015

Salut,

I am presently preparing to move icons into frameworks scope.

So we are all on the same page:

- breeze-icons is a new repo going to be split from breeze and moving
to frameworks (tier1)
- oxygen-icons is a new repo of an old tarball (previously part of
apps) that ought to be released alongside breeze-icons since we want
to support both. so that also ought to move to frameworks (tier1).
currently this is still in plasma's scope and needs a ticket filed for
moving the repo.

>From what I understand both need a metainfo.yaml and a README.md to
comply with requriements. Until we are confident everything is lovely
these should be marked release: false.
Since Plasma has a defacto runtime dependency on breeze-icons I
suspect some release coordination or gap-closing releases will be
needed to make plasma 5.5 beta have icons?

HS