C++11 policy in frameworks?

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sun Feb 8 17:32:05 UTC 2015

That page was the result of the first discussion we had on C++11.

More recently, there was a discussion on raising MSVC requirement.
And, I'd say it was agreed to raise it to MSVC11 (VS12). At least, it
was green-lighted by Kevin, Milian (I don't recall who else).

I guess I should have updated the wiki afterwards...

The strange thing here is that we don't usually mention clang (and
stdlib versions) since it is considered 'good enough'.

Cheerio,
Ivan

On 8 February 2015 at 18:25, Alex Merry <alex.merry at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 08 February 2015 18:18:48 Aleix Pol wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Jeremy Whiting <jpwhiting at kde.org> wrote:
>> > Hey all,
>> >
>> > In trying to get kf5 built on an older machine with clang 3.7 I've hit an
>> > isuse with kdeclarative. A few days ago some code was checked into it that
>> > uses std::lround which isn't available on clang's stdlib implementation
>> > yet. Should this change to floor or ciel, or is there an #ifdef we can
>> > put around it depending if C++11 support is available when building? Or
>> > is C++11 not allowed in frameworks yet (just applications) so it should
>> > be changed to use some other method to round the values (floor(value +
>> > 0.5) or something similar)?
>>
>> The policy so far has been, AFAIK, that it needs to work on Qt
>> supported platforms:
>> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/supported-platforms.html
>
> Officially, our requirements are documented at:
> https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Policies#Frameworks_compiler_requirements_and_C.2B.2B11
>
> However, I seem to remember an email about moving to require MSVC 2012, so
> it's not necessarily entirely up-to-date.
>
> Alex

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard