There's no proper replacement for KIcon

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Sep 10 14:38:55 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 09 September 2014 16:25:26 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Wouldn't a fourth option be to make sure that hicolor is actually a proper
> fallback as specified?
>
> Applications already are more or less required to install their fallbacks
> in  hicolor, so the shared icons should be there as well, no?

+1.

It seems to me that the best solution is to actually use hicolor in the first
place, for application icons.

Possibly with an oxygen or breeze variant as well, but that's the optional
part.

I think we're dealing with a not-well-thought-out migration from years ago
when we switched from hicolor to oxygen and just renamed every icon without
thinking much about interoperability.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5