Web Shortcuts KCM

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Jul 16 20:08:51 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 15 July 2014 16:59:29 Eike Hein wrote:
> On 07/15/2014 03:16 PM, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > Well, for a single entry menu, really? :-)
>
> Yeah, I do care about every single menu entry not being broken, no
> matter where users use my app :).

Sorry, I was unclear there. I meant having to deal with a single menu entry to
kick out if running outside of a plasma session.

> Of course admittedly the situation in KDE 4 wasn't good either since it
> actually meant a runtime dep on kde-baseapps.

Indeed.

> I'm OK with spawning our own dialog and using a widget class, but
> I don't have time to work on that personally (I'm busy with Plasma
> and Konversation).
>
> This is a roadblock to keeping feature continuity in KF5 releases,
> so we do need to ship the KCM for now.
>
> Let me know where you guys want it put in the end.

My opinion is that for the time being it should be shipped by the workspace.
Once the widget I mentioned in that thread would be available then the KCM
could be ported to use it, and Konversation would be able to use said widget
directly.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net