KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2014-w28

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Thu Jul 10 05:12:49 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 09 July 2014 22:24:20 Marko Käning wrote:
> Hi,

> >> Expand on strengthen please?
> >
> > Sure, for the CI side what I have in mind is mostly about supporting more
> > platforms (at least windows, mac and android as mentioned earlier) with
> > all
> > the results in the same dashboard (currently the mac results come from
> > "somewhere").
>
> this “somewhere” is currently only me, personally, not ‘a’ OSX/CI system. :)

See, I was unsure if you were painfully doing that by hand or if you had some
machine you delegated the work to. :-)

But that definitely confirm we should do something to help you there so that
you can focus on others tasks than running build and sending failures by hand.

> I am very thankful for all the help I get from you guys on this list!

And your work is very appreciated. Helped catch a really bad issue already.
Keep it coming! ;-)

> Still hoping that some day someone will join the rather small OSX CI team…
> ;)

I would agree with Albert here, you get a higher chance of growth by trying to
attract current OSX users, there's not many of them in KDE. There was a few,
but they moved on with their lives.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net