Allow to add a ActionButton in KPageDialog

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Fri Jul 4 16:09:41 UTC 2014

Le vendredi 4 juillet 2014 16:46:24 Christoph Feck a écrit :
> On Thursday 03 July 2014 19:50:35 laurent Montel wrote:
> > Hi,
> > During kdepim porting I saw that it was not possible to add a
> > ActionButton as QButtonBox is protected.
> > => we can do it if we create a derived class.
> > But it’s not a very easy method for just add a button.
> >
> > I would like to add a new method to do it.
> > I created a patch for it.
> >
> > What do you think about it ?
> >
> > (Example when we need to add a ActionButton, it’s when we have a
> > old "User1" button).
> >
> > Regards
>
> In review 116603 / 116608 we allowed public access to the
> QDialogButtonBox instead (for KPasswordDialog). This way, you have
> even more freedom to customize the dialog.

Yes but in kpasswordDialog there was not function to access to
QDialogButtonBox.

In KPageDialog we already have:
    /**
     * Sets the collection of standard buttons displayed by this dialog.
     */
    void setStandardButtons(QDialogButtonBox::StandardButtons buttons);

    /**
     * Returns the QPushButton corresponding to the standard button which, or
0 if the standard
     * button doesn't exist in this dialog.
     */
    QPushButton *button(QDialogButtonBox::StandardButton which) const;

Just a function was missing to customize it.

If we will change to make QDialogButtonBox public theses two functions will
not usefull and need to remove it => we break BC/SC
=> not possible now.

Regards

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer